Freetown is a port city and the capital of Sierra Leone, in West Africa. It's known for its shorelines and verifiable part in the transoceanic slave exchange. The old town's hundreds of years old Cotton Tree is an image of liberation. On the waterfront is the King's Yard Gate, through which previous slaves strolled to opportunity. The Sierra Leone National Museum incorporates shows identifying with the nineteenth-century military pioneer Bai Bureh.
The atmosphere in Freetown
Like whatever is left of Sierra Leone, Freetown has a tropical atmosphere with a stormy season from May through to October; the adjust of the year speaks to the dry season. ... Temperature extremes recorded in Freetown are from 15 °C (59 °F) to 38 °C (100 °F) all year. The normal yearly temperature is around 28 °C (82 °F)
What is the best time to travel to Freetown?
Climate Savvy, the best time to visit is between the long stretches of October and May, which stamp the dry season. The walk is another great time to visit, as the city has an assortment of various and energizing celebrations. The Sierra Leone International Film Festival keeps running for six days and incorporates film screenings and workshops. The Ballanta Music Festival is a 2-day occasion that comprises of exhibitions by nearby performers.
Abstain from going amid Christmas and Easter periods, as these are occupied, and flights can be costly. You might have the capacity to discover less expensive flights from June to late September. Sierra Leone encounters overwhelming precipitation amid this period, making open air exercises and touring less welcoming.
Best time to book
As indicated by a study Tuesday, Wednesday, and Saturday are the greatest days to book flights to Freetown. What's more, the least expensive day to fly from London to Freetown is Monday.
The flight separate from London to Freetown is 4900 km. It takes around 07 hours and 21 minutes to achieve Freetown from London, United Kingdom.
Who flies to Freetown?
Aircraft travel to Freetown are Air France, TAAG Angola Airlines, Ethiopian Airlines, KLM Royal Dutch Airlines, Air Namibia, Egyptair, South African Airways, Kenya Airways, Air Botswana, Royal Air Maroc, Lufthansa German Airlines, Rwanda Air
Freetown International Airport (IATA: FNA), privately known as Lungi International Airport, is a worldwide air terminal situated in the seaside town of Lungi, Sierra Leone. It is the main global airplane terminal in Sierra Leone. The Sierra Leone River isolates Lungi International Airport from Freetown, the country's capital city.
The airplane terminal is worked by the Sierra Leone Airports Authority. Preceding its utilization as a non-military personnel air terminal, it was a British Royal Air Force base. In 2012 its administration was contracted out to the British security and military organization
The terminal working of the air terminal is made out of three unmistakable zones: a General Waiting Hall, a Departures Wing, and an Arrivals Wing. The General Waiting Hall gives ticketing work areas to neighborhood transportation (mentor, ship, helicopter, air cushion vehicle, and taxi), postal administrations, a movement office, and an eatery. The Departures Wing contains obligation free shops, eateries, and parlors for business class travelers and VIPs. The Arrivals wing has a traditions lobby with a cash trade workplaces, a lost and discovered things office, and a data office. The air terminal grounds additionally contain two banks, a police focus, different eateries, two auto parks, and a mosque.
Shared taxicabs are perfect for short outings, while pods pandas are for the most part utilized for longer adventures. Cabs are unmetered so be set up to wrangle before tolerating a taxi.
A considerable lot of Freetown's attractions are immature and not all-around advanced. The generally low quantities of visitors going by has implied there was not sufficient impetus or money related reward for creating them. Notwithstanding, there are numerous shrouded jewels that can be well worth finding. It isn't surprising to be the main guest to some of them.
• National Rail exhibition hall, Cline Town. The historical center has a few steam/diesel trains and carriages, including one utilized by HM Queen Elizabeth II amid her state visit. All have been re-established. A guide will, for the most part, demonstrate visitors around. The passage is free, yet gifts are thankfully gotten.
• Tacugama Chimpanzee Sanctuary, outside Freetown and will require a 4 wheel drive vehicle. Complete the Regent Street Hill Station and Leicester. Look for the passage on the right. Open twice day by day at 10:30 AM and 4:00 PM 7 days seven days by arrangement. For non-natives, Le 85,000 (approx. 15 USD), Le 30,000 for kids.
• Charlotte falls
• Sierra Leone Museum, Cotton Tree, Freetown.
• Cape Sierra Leone Lighthouse, Aberdeen. Comfortable end of the peninsular near the Barmoi Hotel. Head towards the new radar tower. The beacon was worked in 1812 by the Portuguese. It is in great condition (it has been repaired in 2010). There are some shocking perspectives on the Atlantic Ocean. On the off chance that you are fortunate, the nearby staff will indicate you around.
• Hill Station Club, Gentleman's club, dating from frontier times.
• Colonial houses on stilts at Hill Station. Most are in a poor state yet offer knowledge into how individuals lived before.
• A visit to the Aberdeen part of Freetown will offer a reprieve from the bustling downtown area. It's a short drive from any piece of Freetown via auto/taxi. The streets are acceptable, yet watch the hindrances on the shoreline street and Sir Samuel Lewis Road. There are little slows down outside of Alex' bar offering 'vacationer' toll. There is a mold boutique at the Family Kingdom. Different slows down can be found on the Lumley Beach Road and in the zone of the Mammy Yoko heliport. There are a lot of vendors on the shoreline offering shades, organic products, peanuts, garments, and so on.
The shorelines are lovely and pristine. Most prevalent spots like Lakka Beach, No. 2 River Beach and Bureh Beach offer straightforward however tolerable lodging. Poda's (minibusses) will just take you until Lakka intersection. On the off chance that you need to proceed with open transportation, you'll have to pass by Okada (motorbike). In case you're driving yourself a decent vehicle will be required as the street conditions are entirely awful. The peninsular-street is at present being recreated. The landing area is finished similarly to Goderich in October 2012. The shorelines are frequently not well sign-posted, so observe painstakingly or utilize GPS.
The accompanying shorelines are recorded counter-clockwise around the peninsular, beginning at Aberdeen.
• Lumley Beach The primary open shoreline near Freetown itself confronting the Atlantic with white sandy shoreline, shops, eateries, inns, green, also nearby clubs. Being nearest to town, it is constantly occupied and frequently very messy. Head additionally is you need to see some awesome shorelines.
• Goderich Beach Goderich isn't known for its shoreline - the vast majority drive past while in transit to different shorelines. Anyplace else, this would be the best fascination.
• Lakka Beach Takes around 15 minutes driving from Lumley. Here are numerous spots to eat and rest. The Hard Rock on the rough peninsular has incredible perspectives on the shoreline and offers, much the same as Paul's and Club Med, heavenly new fish. These spots likewise have an amazing settlement. Palm Beach (formally the Cotton Club) is in a terrible shape however will soon be remodeled.
• Hamilton Beach Unfortunately this shoreline has turned into a mining site.
• Sussex Beach The famous Franco's eatery is here. The decent setting, great nourishment all things considered awful administration.
• No. 2 River Beach Driving further, for an additional 20 minutes will get you to No. 2 River Beach. The villagers have set up a group task to care for this dazzling shoreline and waterway outfall and everybody will enlighten you regarding "helping the group" which is dealing with the shoreline, bar, and eatery. The kids have a working school and it is the cleanest shoreline on the landmass.
That being said the place is wonderful and If you are mature enough to recall the 1970s Taste of Paradise business for the Bounty chocolate bar, this is the place it was shot.
As from Tokeh intersection, you'll wind up driving on a superb, current and smooth cleared street. In any case, the accompanying shorelines are additionally very much achieved driving around the opposite side of the mountains (Bai Bureh Rd), contingent upon your beginning stage from Freetown.
• Banana Island Has just 2 shorelines yet both are little, isolates and give a remarkable escape understanding.
• Tokeh Beach Amazing white sandy shoreline which could be the best in West Africa. It has just two resorts. Visit amid the day if not intrigued to burn through cash to remain overnight. The Place resort is very suggested. 24-hour power, great wi-fi, and nourishment. Little section expenses to be paid to get to wi-fi, infinity pool, beach towels, and shoreline beds. Which is OK I accept to access every one of these offices. You can get a space for day to utilize. I paid 100 USD ( 4 of us shared the cost )
• York Beach Gray sanded shoreline, yet intriguing small angling town with some old Portuguese remains.
• Black Johnson Beach Difficult to spot from the primary street yet pay special mind to signs to Tito's Paradise which is a little shoreline shack serving sustenance and drink.
• John Obey Beach Stunning shorelines and two little eateries (on the off chance that you can discover them). Home of the as of late settled Tribewanted activity.
• Bureh Beach Stunning shoreline and waterway. Three great eateries. Attempt the surf club or eat at Prince's.
• Kent Beach Besides the shoreline, Kent makes them intrigue chronicled locales. Leading there is the 'subjugation organization office', where slaves were kept and enrolled before sending them away. You'll discover stays of the dividers and structures of this provincial settlement. Furthermore, you can visit an old home of Siaka Stevens.
• Mamah Beach
Lungi (where the airplane terminal is found) likewise has some brilliant shorelines, which are regularly missed by guests as a result of the constrained settlement accessible.
Bunce Island is seemingly the most imperative recorded